- Village Court
- About Us
Hempstead Justice Court Rules
By Order of Village Justice Brianna A. Vaughan
Court Clerk's Office Hours
- Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There is no closing for lunchtime.
Court sessions are held every Wednesday at the following time intervals:
- 9 a.m. to no admittance after 10:15 a.m.
- 1 p.m. to no admittance after 2:15 p.m.
- 6 p.m. to no admittance after 7:15 p.m.
Court Not In Session
Hempstead Village Justice Court will not hold court sessions on the following days:
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021
- Wednesday, December 22, 2021
- Wednesday, December 29, 2021
Any needed assistance &/or inquiry regarding court matters can be addressed by calling the Justice Court @ 516-478-6500, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Open to the Public
- 6:00 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. on Wednesday evenings when the court is in session.
Parking Summons Hearing
- 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month.
- 9:00 a.m. on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
Housing Violation Hearing
- 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday of every month.
Traffic & other Village Code Violation Hearing
- 9:00 a.m. on 2nd and 3rd Tuesday of every month.
- 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday of every month.
- A court litigant may be self-represented or can be represented by a NYS licensed attorney with a written affidavit of representation and notice of appearance.
If you have any more questions please contact the Village Justice Court at 516-478-6500.
- All attorneys and defendants must be seated in the courtroom prior to the close of check-in time.
- No one will be added to the calendar after the close of check-in time. No exceptions.
- All motions must be in writing with the original filed with the court.
- Any requests for an adjournment should be in writing and submitted at least one week before their scheduled court date. Litigants should confirm that the request was received and granted in advance of a scheduled court date.
- Attorneys who adjourn due to engagement of counsel must comply with part 125 of the Rules of the Chief Administrative Judge. Submissions via facsimile are not permitted without leave of the Court.
- Any requests to vacate a Default Judgment must be done by motion in writing or by stipulation signed by both parties and So Ordered by the Chief Judge (AKB).
- Defendants under the age of 18 must appear with a parent or legal guardian, with proof of relation.
- Requests for hardship, assigned counsel, or community service must be accompanied by original documentation of hardship, such as documentation from the Department of Social Services, New York State Department of Labor/Unemployment, proof of income, proof of child support payments/receipts, disability benefits, proof of rent/mortgage.
- The court will only accept Original Documents. Original Documents will be returned to litigants.
- Attorneys are permitted to pay fines with attorney checks.
- Trials and Special Hearing adjournments are only allowed with the permission of the Judge.
Proper attire must be worn at all times inside the courtroom. Proper Attire includes:
- No bare chest
- No bare feet
- No clothing that reveals undergarments
- No halter tops
- No hats, scarves or other head covers unless for religious purposes
- No low cut shirts or tops
- No short skirts
- No shorts
- No uniforms of any kind
Form of Payments In-Person
- Certified Check or Money Order
- Mastercard or Visa
Pay Summons Online
URL for payment or Dispute of Parking fines: