Road Work Notice
PSEG WILL BEGIN STORM PREPARATION IMPROVEMENT WORK IN THE VILLAGE OF HEMPSTEAD STARTING NOVEMBER 15, 2017
PSEG will begin work that will be done to further improve reliability, harden the system against future storms, and make upgrades necessary to keep pace with the growing demand for electricity. Over the next several months work will be done in both the Village of Hempstead and Uniondale communities.
The project includes:
- Inspecting the system to ensure compliance with the most current standards.
- Upgrading equipment, where necessary, to maintain or improve reliability.
- Inspecting poles and replacing those that do not meet our standards with poles of similar height. In addition, PSEG Long Island will actively coordinate the removal of old poles with other utilities.
- Replacing overhead primary wire with a stronger, more resilient wire.
- Converting overhead design from single-wire to three-wire configuration. This will create connection points to adjacent circuits and provide adequate backup supply in emergency/contingency situations.
- Installing switching equipment at a number of locations.
The work is scheduled to begin in the middle of November. Residents are being sent letters explaining the work that will be done, including our customers in the village. The work in the village is concentrated between Cathedral Av. and Westbury Blvd and south to Belmont Parkway.
Customers with questions about the project can contact PSEG Long Island Customer Service at 1-800-490-0025, Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.